Welcome to HOTEL Jogakura!
Hotel Jogakura is European-style mountain resort surrounded by virgin beech forests. Blessed with magnificent natural landscapes, the hotel is easily accessible to the Hakkoda Mountains and Oirase Gorge. Perfect for a summer getaway, or for backcountry skiing in the winter.
Aomori/Hakkoda Mountain Resort
satisfying your five senses
Being blessed with magnificent natural landscape and having good access to Lake Towada and Oirase Gorge,
our hotel is the best base for enjoying a resort style experience in each season.
While wrapped in the warmth of wood, enjoy a luxurious time of relaxation.
The rooms are full of the warmth of wood and have a natural design reminiscent of a European lodge.
Comfort is provided everywhere, and the rooms with ranks of "Grand Comfort" or higher are fully equipped with a hot spring bath made from Aomori Hiba trees accompanied by great scenery.
When you open the window, you will be surrounded by the refreshing fragrance of mother nature, and the Simmons bed promises to provide the finest sleep.
Experiences inspired by the four seasons of Aomori
Our head chef himself carefully selects fresh fish caught in the sea near Aomori every morning from a market. In addition to the fresh fish, you can fully enjoy beef and seasonal local vegetables grown from the rich soil of Aomori in a traditional Japanese course dinner, and a buffet of local dishes for breakfast.
Rejuvenate at Hotel Jogakura
Enjoy our open air bath, available all year round. Embrace each season from the lush greenery in Spring and Summer, the bright red Autumn leaves, and the solemn silver color of the virgin beech forest in the Winter.
Hakkodasanchu, Arakawa, Aomori-shi, Aomori, 030-0111, JAPAN
[Free Transportation Service]
- Aomori Station (in front of the police station) at 3:30 p.m. -> Via HOTEL Jogakura at 4:25 p.m. -> Tsuta Onsen at 4:50 p.m.
- From Aomori City, Aomori Airport (60 min.) -> HOTEL Jogakura (for 5 people or more)
* Please kindly contact us 3 days prior to your arrival to book the shuttle service.
- Get on the JR bus Mizuumi-go at JR Aomori Station (also JR Shin-Aomori Station) -> HOTEL Jogakura
- Towadako Station -> 1 hour and 40 minutes
- From Hachinohe (100 min.): Route 45 -> Route 102 -> Bound for Hakkoda via Route 103
- From Aomori (50 min.): Route 4 -> Bound for Hakkoda/Towadako via Route 103
- Backcountry SkiingEvent period: During winter
Fee: 4,000 yen/day (2,000 yen/half-day)
Insurance fee: 500 yen (3 nights and 4 days)A professional guide specializing in the Hakkoda Mountains will guide you. The activity is subject to weather and snow conditions.
- TrekkingEvent period: From mid-May to November
Location: Neighboring spots such as Hakkoda Gourd Line, Tashirotai WetlandThe Hakkoda Mountains are high in elevation, while the wetland is a treasure trove of rare plants. The perfect places to explore during the summer.
- Walking through autumn leavesEvent period: From end of September to mid-October
Location: Neighboring spots such as Hakkoda Mountains, Jogakura Ohashi BridgeIn autumn, the Hakkoda Mountains transform into a stunning array of colors. Hike or drive through the mountains to fully enjoy the foliage.
- Oirase-keikoku ValleyArea: Oirase, Towada City
Access: 40 min by carRich Woods, falls, a beautiful stream, various oddly shaped rocks, and places of scenic beauty create the stunning beauty of a mountain stream where you can enjoy the natural beauty of the four seasons. The best time to view the tender green is May-June and from the middle to the end of October for autumn foliage.
- Lake TowadaArea: Kosaka-machi, Kazuno-gun, Akita
Access: 60 min by carThe seasons of tender green and autumn foliage are great, but Lake Towada in winter is fantastic, which can soothe your mind. The best season to view tender green is May-June, and the autumn foliage will start at the beginning of October, and the best time to view autumn foliage is from the middle to the end of October.
- Mt. HakkodaArea: Aomori City
Access: 6 min by carA ropeway is installed and you can observe diverse marsh and alpine plants from Sancho Koen Station as the base point. You can enjoy autumn foliage in autumn and skiing in winter.
- Jogakura-ohashi BridgeArea: Aomori City
Access: 3 min by carJapan's best arched deck bridge. This bridge was built as the bridge that connects Jogakura Gorge in Hakkoda, which was a dangerous traffic spot and is currently popular among tourists visiting Hakkoda as one of Aomori's best driving routes to Hakkoda.
- Jigoku-numa PondArea: Aomori City
Access: 4 min by carHot spring at 90 degrees C or higher gushes with the steam rising up throughout the year. You can see bubbles popping on the surface of the pond and signs of "No-Entry" put up here and there. It is literally like hell but is a very beautiful sightseeing spot.
- Tsuta Nana-numa PondsArea: Oirase, Towada City
Access: 27 min by carIt is a collective term for the seven lakes and ponds that show fantastic scenery. Tsuta-numa Pond, Kagami-numa Pond, Tsuki-numa Pond, Naga-numa Pond, Suga-numa Pond, Hyotan-numa Pond, and Aka-numa Pond are located in a little separate place. A walking trail called Numa Meguri no Komichi has been improved, and you can enjoy trekking.
- Check-In2:00 p.m. (Final check-in: 8:00 p.m.)
- Checkout10:00 a.m.
- ParkingAvailable for 100 cars (free)/No reservations necessary
- Total number of rooms31 rooms
- Building FacilitiesRestaurant, cafe, multipurpose room, banquet hall, large public bath, sauna, open-air bath, non-smoking room, shop, vending machine, self-service coin laundry corner (free), rental ski equipment, drying room for ski equipment, courtesy bus, PC available, fax service available, wake-up call, and courier service
- Equipment & AmenitiesTV, satellite channels (free), telephone, kettle, tea set, refrigerator, hair dryer (upon request), lamp, humidifier (upon request), electronic toilet, bar soap, toothbrush set, razor, comb, towels, bath towels, bathrobe, and slippers
- Place to EatBreakfast: Restaurant (Buffet)
- InternetAvailable in all rooms Wi-Fi (free)
- Credit CardVISA、JCB、American Express、UC、DC、NICOS、Master Card
- Cancellation PolicySame day: 50% of the accommodation charge
Previous day: 30% of the accommodation charge
Less than 5 days prior to arrival time: 10% of the accommodation charge
No-show/non-arrival without contacting us: 100% of the accommodation charge